At Steric Trading Pty Ltd, we recognise the importance of your privacy. We abide by the National Privacy Principles. Our policy for the management of personal information is set out in this document.
From time to time, we may collect information about you such as your name, address, phone number, email address, age, gender, and information regarding products and services you inquire about or purchase from us. We may collect this information when you give it to us directly or when you use our products and services or visit our website.
We may use this information for our own internal and marketing purposes and those of our related companies; for example, to improve our products and services. We may also use your contact details to send you information about us including about our products and services. If you do not wish us to send you information on our products and services, please tell us when we collect the information from you.
We may also use personal information about you:
- as you consent;
- for purposes related to the reason you gave us the information for, but only if you would reasonably expect us to use it; or
- in statutorily required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances.
We will not disclose any personal information about you, except:
- in statutorily required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances;
- to our related companies; or
- to our suppliers, as necessary to enable them to help us provide services to you.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect or use is accurate, complete, up to date and stored in a secure environment and is accessed only by authorised personnel for permitted purposes.
If you wish to access or modify personal information which we hold about you or request its removal from our records, please contact us by phone or facsimile on 02 9724 6992 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org If you believe our information about you as an individual is inaccurate or outdated or is misleading because it is incomplete and you wish to change this information, please send your request to email@example.com . We will then amend the information as you request, or give you reasons why not. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our collection or use of your information, please contact our Privacy Officer by telephone or facsimile on 02 9728 8102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy applies to other companies related to Steric Trading Pty Ltd.
Website Information Handling
Information we obtain on the website
We may obtain information:
- by cookies when you visit our website. A cookie is a small amount of information which is transferred to the hard drive of your computer which can identify your web browser but not you. If you want to, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do, you can still access our website, but not all services may be available;
- when you knowingly give us information when applying for or purchasing any goods or services on our website or contacting us via our website, including email.
Why we collect information on the website
We collect information in order to:
- identify your security access to our website;
- record your placement of orders;
- respond to applications, purchase orders or queries;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other;
- develop a data profile to enable us to:
- tailor services to you;
- enhance the content of our website;
- send you notices about products and services we offer.
By giving us information, you consent to these uses, although in the case of receiving marketing material you may opt-out.
Security and confidentiality of website information
We have implemented procedures and installed equipment to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your information. We continually review these arrangements to ensure we are doing all that is reasonably and technically feasible at the time to protect your information, although because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that it is totally protected from hackers or misuse.
- to corporate information (unless it is also about any identifiable person); or